Volunteers are at the heart of everything we do at the Amherst Survival Center.
Join the team of 100+ people a week that help us towards our goal of getting more food to more people during the Covid-19 crisis by volunteering at the Amherst Survival Center. Most people volunteer for one 3 hour shift each week for three months or more. Volunteer shifts take place both inside and outside of the building following Covid safety protocols. Onsite volunteers should be a minimum of 14 years old.
Upcoming Volunteer Orientations
Our Volunteer Orientations have gone virtual! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the Zoom link and further information.
- Wednesday, Nov 4th at 1:00pm
- Thursday, Nov 12th at 9:30am
- Friday, Nov 20th at 3:00pm
- One time grounds cleaning project – we sometimes have special one time projects- reorganizing food storage, spring cleaning of the center, or raking leaves. If you are interested in a one time project, let us know. Email email@example.com
- Run a food drive – collect and deliver much needed donations of food to the Center. Click here for more information about drives.
- Doorstep delivery of pantry boxes – your group meets the ASC truck and provides doostep delivery to senior citizenbs
Neighborhood Food Project
Become a Neighborhood Coordinator for the Neighborhood Food Project. Support your neighborhood in donating food regularly to the Amherst Survival Center. Learn more about the Neighborhood Food Project and sign up to become a Neighborhood Coordinator here.
Pantry Box Delivery
If you have a vehicle to use and can carry 40+ pound boxes, we are always looking for delivery driver volunteers. There are several opportunites per month to deliver pantry boxes to senior citzens and families. If you are interested in learning more, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions or suggestions, please don’t hesitate to email email@example.com.