STORE SCHEDULE FOR SHOPPERS:
The Community Store is open for shopping during the following times:
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday at 11am.
- On Monday, Tuesday, Friday, it closes at 2:45pm.
- On Thursday, it closes at 6:45pm.
You are welcome to come every day to shop in the store.
See below for store policies for shoppers, including category limits. Shoppers who believe that these policies do not meet their needs can speak with the Store Coordinator, Susan Cox.
These Store shopping policies apply to all shoppers:
- COST: All items in the Community Store are free.
- BAGS AND ITEM LIMITS: The Community Store tries to provide everyone with a re-useable bag, please bring the bag with you on your next shopping trip to the Community Store.
- If you use a reusable bag, you can get up to 15 items. If you are uncertain about an over-sized item, please ask the Store Coordinator for assistance.
- If you need a bag, the Store will provide you with one. If you use a plastic bag, you are limited to 5 items or less.
- SHOPPING: The Store asks that shoppers shop into the bag that is provided.
- CHECK-OUT: Shoppers should know that there is a check-out process where a Store staff/volunteer will count your items.
LOOK FOR SIGNS IN THE STORE ON SPECIFIC ITEM LIMITS!
The following items have specific daily limits for shoppers:
- some seasonal items
There is a Request Log available for people in particular circumstances. If you cannot find a particular item in the store, ask the Store Coordinator.
TENTS & SLEEPING BAGS
The Community Store makes gently used or new tents and sleeping bags available to people experiencing homelessness starting on May 1, when the local homeless shelter closes for the season. If you need a tent or sleeping bag, please let Susan Cox, the Store Coordinator, know.