Help make Super Bowl Sunday, February 4, 2018
a day of soup drives for the
Amherst Survival Center’s
Donation shortages at local food pantries, including the Center’s, are particularly problematic in the winter months after the holidays. Souper Bowl Sunday gives us an opportunity to restock our food pantry’s soup shelves!
When we say SOUP, we mean…
- ALL canned/boxed non-perishable soups are welcome!
- Vegetable, meat, fish.
- Low-salt or no-salt, please.
GET EXCITED! HERE ARE SOME OPTIONS:
– Hosting a Super Bowl party at your home or business?
- Let your friends, family, employees and co-workers know you’ll be collecting non-perishable cans of soup and checks/cash to help feed the families who use the Amherst Survival Center’s Food Pantry in 2018! Encourage your guests to bring SOUP to the party, then deliver the donations to the Center the following week!
– Going out to watch the game?
- Ask the sports bar or party to host a SOUP drive for the Amherst Survival Center Food Pantry!
– Want to engage your place of worship?
- Let your place of worship know about Souper Bowl Sunday and collect food weekly leading up to February 4th!
(You can even make each week designated for a different kind of soup! For example, the week of January 7: vegetable soups; January 14: meat soups; January 21: fish soups; January 28: bean soups, February 4: all soups)
– Football isn’t your thing?
- That’s ok! Use the opportunity to conduct your own SOUP and cash drive among friends and co-workers, or in your place of worship, during January and early February.
Look for the food drive barrels or bins at these locations for your donations:
- Stop & Shop (Hadley)
- Whole Foods Market (Hadley)
- The Jones Library (Amherst)
- Munson Library (South Amherst)
- North Amherst Library
The Amherst Survival Center Food Pantry will weigh and publicize all Souper Bowl donations!
For more information on organizing food drives, click here.