The Health Clinic (no appointment needed):
Health Clinic Schedule:
Mondays 12:30pm to 1:30pm
Thursdays 4:30pm to 5:30pm
Please come to the Center 30 minutes before the Clinic starts to sign in and let our Clinic Coordinator, Rich Nadolski, know you’re here. Rich can be reached at 413-549-3968 x109 or email@example.com
- The Health Clinic offers access to medical care without an appointment to anyone who needs it.
- Provides timely medical care to patients.
- Offers patients support and encouragement to access primary care physicians to ensure continuity of care in a ‘medical home’.
- Offers access and referral to basic dental services (for example: cleanings, oral exams) to protect oral health.
- Makes referrals to other health care clinicians and health and human service providers.
- Facilitates patients’ enrollment in public health insurance.
- Increases patient’s access to information on health issues.
- Builds patient’s awareness on the connections between food and health.
- The Health Needs Fund is available to help clinic patients pay for prescription medications, medical tests, co-pays, medical appointments, and health-related transportation.
Our gratitude to community members and the Massachusetts Medical Society and Alliance Charitable Foundation for their generous support of the Amherst Survival Center’s free health clinic.
Monthly Foot Clinic
Monthly, on the first Friday, from 11-1:30, we have a registered foot nurse available for individual appointments to provide assessment and treatment of calluses, wounds, nails, and other foot ailments. Please make an appointment in the front office.
Health Resources Library
The Health Resources Library is located in the health center suite at the Amherst Survival Center. We provide easy to read FREE brochures on a range of health topics. Educational materials are available during the Center’s open hours. Some topics with material that is currently available in the Health Resource Library:
- Cardiac health
- Flu prevention
- HIV prevention
- Mental health
- Oral health
- Overdose prevention
- Smoking cessation
- Substance use
- Viral hepatitis