At the Amherst Survival Center our programs stem from our mission: “to connect residents of Hampshire and Franklin Counties to food, clothing, healthcare, wellness and community, primarily through volunteer efforts.”
You can download a brochure on the Amherst Survival Center which lists our current schedule of programs here.
Click on the category below for more information on our daily programs:
Here is a schedule of our weekly programs, provided by both the Center’s volunteers and our community partners:
- Mondays, 11:30am-1pm: Information and Referral with Meg Wright
- Tuesdays, 11:30am-12:30pm & Thursdays, 5:30pm-6:30pm: SNAP (Food Stamps) Applications: help with completing, submitting and monitoring these applications: with the Food Bank of Western MA
- Tuesdays, 1pm-2:30pm: Salvation Army Emergency Vouchers (clothing, eyeglasses, prescriptions) for people who live in Amherst, Hadley, Pelham, Leverett, Shutesbury, Sunderland, Whately), with Meg
- Thursdays, 11:30am-1pm: Job Search Assistance (help with search, applications, resumes, interview skills, Job Fairs)
- Thursdays, 12pm-4pm: Health Insurance Help: Brenda from Health Care for the Homeless
(Time will change to 1:30pm-4pm at the end of January 2018.)
- Thursdays, 2pm-6pm: Housing Help & Case Management: Charlyn from Eliot Homeless Services
Seasonal: Fuel Assistance (by appointment), with Sarah from Community Action. For an appointment and to find out what materials you need to bring, call Carleen Basler, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here is a weekly schedule of our services (as of December 2017). To find out about the schedule for special services (for e.g. seasonal fuel assistance, flu immunizations), call us 549-3968.
In addition, the Amherst Survival Center is part of a network of organizations that make food available for free in Amherst Sunday-Saturday. Here is a schedule of places where you can obtain free food in Amherst on any given day of the week (pantry programs, community meals, mobile pantry and mobile meals). You can download a copy of this schedule by clicking here: Places to Obtain Free Food & Meals in Amherst MA.