- SOUPER BOWL SUNDAY – Community Drive for Canned Soup for the Center’s Pantry
- February 9, 11:30am-2pm Food Bank of Western MA Food Sampling!
- February 12, 12-1PM, Lunar New Year! Annual Special Lunch at the Amherst Survival Center
- February 16, 12-1pm, Black History Month Lunch with the Amherst Area Gospel Choir!
- February 18, 3-4:30pm, Healthy Cooking Class
- February 19, 12-1pm, TUNES@NOON: lunch + music at the Center
The Amherst Survival Center Welcomes You
You will find us open: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 11 am to 3 pm (pantry and store open til 2:45pm), except Thursdays when we stay open until 7 pm (pantry and store open til 6:45pm). Free Hot Lunch is served from noon to 1 pm, prepared by volunteers in our kitchen. We are closed Wednesdays.
Our Food Pantry and Community Store are open on the 3rd Saturday of the month from 9:30am-11:30am (no lunch served or other services on these days). Upcoming 2015 dates for these special hours are: Saturday mornings: November 21 and December 19, 2015.
Our Fresh Food Distribution–vegetables, fruit and fresh baked goods—is available to everyone from 11 am to 3 pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Fridays, and from 11 am to 7pm on Thursdays. Our Food Pantry—stocked with canned goods, meats, fish, dairy, fresh milk, fresh produce, diapers, and more—is open to those who come to us from the following list of towns: Amherst, Belchertown, Deerfield, Granby, Hadley, Leverett, Pelham, Shutesbury, South Deerfield, South Hadley, Sunderland, Ware and Whately. Read more about our programs and services
Events Calendar & Newsletter
Media sampler–recent articles you might enjoy
Geography of Poverty, MSNBC Photo via @msnbc
Politics via vox.com
A proven way to reduce poverty? Give poor people money via the Boston Globe
Shaming the poor ignores the reality of poverty via the Boston Globe
for the poor, despite what Republicans say via The Washington Post