We are so excited to be part of the network of mobile food programs in western Massachusetts as a result of our partnership with the Food Bank of Western Massachusetts and Southpoint Apartments in Amherst, Massachusetts. The program distributes free produce once a month on the first Wednesday of the month from 1pm to 2pm.
TO PICK UP FOOD, here’s what you need to know:
- On the first Wednesday of the month from 1-2pm near the tennis courts at Southpoint;
- Distribution includes a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables, and meat (when available);
- One distribution per household;
- Every household is eligible, no documentation needed; and
- Each household should bring their own bag(s) to bring the food home (expect a distribution that includes everything to weigh about 30 pounds).
- February 21, 2018 1-2pm (postponed from earlier in the month)
- March 7, 2018 1-2pm
- April 4, 2018 1-2pm
- May 2, 2018 1-2pm
- June 6, 2018 1-2pm
The Food Bank of Western Massachusetts’ Mobile Food Bank Program is in partnership with Amherst Survival Center and Southpoint Apartments.
TO HELP DISTRIBUTE THE FOOD: Would you like to volunteer at a Mobile Food Program distribution?
The Amherst Survival Center needs 12-15 volunteers for every Mobile Food Program. If you’d like to help, please sign up for the date you prefer by clicking here.
If you have questions about volunteering in this program, contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Carleen Basler, at 549-3968 ext 111 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.