In partnership with the Food Bank of Western Massachusetts and Southpoint Apartments in Amherst, Massachusetts, the Amherst Survival Center distributes free produce and (often) meat once a month on the first Wednesday of the month.
Here’s what you need to know:
- On the first Wednesday of the month from 1-2pm near the tennis courts at Southpointe
- Distribution includes a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables and meat
- One distribution per household
- Every household is eligible, no documentation needed
- Each household should bring their own bag(s) to bring the food home (expect a distribution that includes everything to weigh about 30 pounds)
- May 3, 1-2pm
- June 7, 1-2pm
- July 5, 1-2pm
- August 2, 1-2pm
- September 6, 1-2pm
- October 4, 1-2pm
- November 1, 1-2pm
- December 6, 1-2pm
Would you like to volunteer at a Mobile Food Program distribution?
The Amherst Survival Center needs 12-15 volunteers for every Mobile Food Program. If you’d like to help, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Carleen Basler, at 549-3968 ext 111 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.