Our Job Search Assistance program helps community members find a job. We provide one-on-one job search coaching and workshops, and in partnership with local employers and agencies, we host job fairs and recruitment events. The service is free and open to the entire ASC community.
PLEASE NOTE: Personalized Job Search Support happens at the Amherst Survival Center on Thursdays from 11:30AM to 1:00PM. All are welcome.
Please click here to download a BROCHURE about our Job Assistance program.
Our Job Search Assistance Program includes:
- Weekly individualized one-on-one assistance: with job search, resume development, interview skills, submitting applications, etc.
Thursdays, 11:30am to 1pm
- Job Fairs, Recruitment Events: Monthly events that give participants an opportunity to meet a variety of employers or offer a time to meet with a placement agency for positions in particular industries.
- Annual Youth Job Panel: To assist teens with their summer job search, the Center hosts a panel discussion that gives teens tips on how to find a job in the area.
- Free Access to Technology: come and use the Center’s computers, copy machine, fax to help facilitate your job search.
- Group Workshops: Stay posted for group workshops that tackle specific tasks associated with job search: resume development, interview skills.
- Interview and Work Clothing at the Community Store: Everyone is always welcome to shop in the Center’s Community Store which includes clothes, linens and household items.
For businesses interested in participating in Job Fairs and Recruitment Efforts: Please email the program at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Would you like more information on how this program can support you? Contact Tracey Levy at 549-3968 ext 102 or email: email@example.com