HOLIDAY GIFT PROGRAM 2017
GAMES & BOOKS!
In the past three years, the Center’s HOLIDAY GIFT PROGRAM, made special distributions in the month of December to children whose families use the Amherst Survival Center Food Pantry. In the past three years, this PROGRAM has distributed over 5,000 NEW children’s books, 835 NEW games and warm winter accessories to 1,465 children in our community.
This year, with the support of community members, religious organizations, businesses, individuals, and students, teams and clubs, we hope to continue to offer this program to families in our community!
Do you want to donate to our Holiday Gift Program for children in our community?
We’re accepting donations now thru the end of December 2017 (the sooner we receive your donation, the better for this program).
We’re accepting donations of:
- New children’s books (all ages 0-18, please don’t forget the young adult and older teen options). — Suggested titles can be found here (suggested titles by staff of The Jones Library) and here (a compiled list from several other sources).
- New games (board games, dice games, card games, tile games, video games)
— Suggested games can be found here on our AmazonSmile wishlist. You can purchase directly from the wishlist or just get ideas of possible games! (if you order via AmazonSmile, a portion of your purchases is also given back to the Center!)
- Warm winter accessories (sizes 0-18) including gloves, mittens, hats, scarves, neck warmers
- Gift wrapping paper and ribbons are also welcome and offered to participating families.
Prefer to purchase toys and games online? Please consider this as a way to support children in our community and the Center. We’ve created a wishlist for books and a wishlist for games for your convenience.
Where Can You Bring Your Donations?
Business Participation in the Holiday Gift Program
As a business, you can participate in the Holiday Gift Program by:
- being a drop off site for your customers and/or the public
- conducting an in-house drive with your staff and employees
- promoting the drive by putting a flyer about it in your window
Tips to Workplace Drive for the Holiday Gift Program:
- Let the Center know (by emailing Tracey at email@example.com).
- Put a cardboard box in a visible location.
- For an in-house drive, distribute a flyer, post flyers in visible locations. (click here for a sample Holiday Gift program flyer)
- To be a collection site for your customers and the public, post a flyer in your window letting people know you’re a collection site. (click here for a sample of a Holiday Gift Program-window sign).
- Set a deadline: between November 30-December 11 (the earlier the better for this program).
- Collect donations. Contact Tracey (549-3968 x102) and let her know when you’ll be delivering the donations.
- Bring them to the Amherst Survival Center for distribution.
HOW IT WORKS:
STARTING DECEMBER 1, 2017… Families who use our Food Pantry who have children (ages 0-18 years) in their household will be able to select several new books per child (the number to be determined based on donations), a game, and a warm winter accessory! We plan to distribute books by the dozens each day as part of this Program. Please consider donating NEW books. If you know someone who needs free groceries and lives in one of these 13 towns, please let them know about the Center’s Food Pantry.
Questions? Contact Tracey Levy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 549-3968 x102.
Thank you and Happy Holidays!
* Please note: we would appreciate if donations for distribution as part of the 2016 program were in the Center by December 18, 2017.