Our health and wellness programs include:
- our free walk-in health clinic
- our free physical exercise program (on Mondays)
- our free Health Resource Library
- our partnership with the Traveling Tooth Fairy
- our collaboration with Mercy Medical Center’s Health Care for the Homeless and helping people get health insurance (on Thursdays 1-3:30pm)
- our fresh food distribution, insuring access to fresh produce
- our hosting of seasonal vaccine clinics (for information on the Town of Amherst’s Health Department’s Immunization Clinic, click here)
- our patient navigation services
- our healthy cooking classes
- our community meals program
- our Project HungeRX
Schedule of Walk-In Free Health Clinic
Our free walk-in health clinic sessions are:
MONDAYS: 12:30PM-1:30PM and
THURSDAYS: 4:30PM – 5:30PM
- The Amherst Survival Center’s Drop-In Free Health Clinic this month has 1 one-hour weekly session.
- It is operated by volunteer physicians, volunteer nurses, and Rich Nadolski, our Clinic Coordinator. Interested in volunteering in the clinic? Click here for more information.
- We also host a quarterly dental clinic with The Traveling Tooth Fairy
Schedule – Weekly Help with Getting Health Insurance
- Thursdays: 1:00 pm – 3:30 pm, meet with Brenda from Health Care for the Homeless
Health Needs Fund
- The Amherst Survival Center maintains a Health Needs Fund for our Clinic’s patients who may need financial assistance to cover costs associated with medications, lab tests, and medical specialists recommended by Clinic medical volunteers.
Schedule – Dental Services with the The Traveling Tooth Fairy:
- Appointments recommended, 549-3968 x102.
Questions? Our Clinic Coordinator: Rich Nadolski, 549-3968 ext 109; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Clinic Volunteer Medical Staff
- Dr. Gene Heyman (Monday session)
- Dr. Daniel Clapp (Thursday session)
- Dr. Brigid Glackin (alternating, Spanish speaking)
Interested in volunteering in the Health Clinic? Click here for more information.