Our health and wellness programs include:
- our free walk-in health clinic
- our free physical exercise program (on Mondays)
- our free Health Resource Library
- our partnership with the Traveling Tooth Fairy
- our collaboration with Health Care for the Homeless and helping people get health insurance (on Mondays 1-3pm)
- our fresh food distribution, insuring access to fresh produce
- our hosting of seasonal vaccine clinics (for information on the Town of Amherst’s Health Department’s Immunization Clinic, click here)
- our patient navigation services.
Schedule of Walk-In Free Health Clinic
In the summer, our free walk-in health clinic sessions will be:
MONDAYS: 12:30PM-1:30PM, and
THURSDAYS: 4:30pm – 5:30pm
- The Amherst Survival Center’s Drop-In Free Health Clinic this month has 1 one-hour weekly session.
- It is operated by volunteer physicians, a volunteer nurse, and Dale Rice, our Clinic Coordinator. Interested in volunteering in the clinic? Click here for more information.
- We also host a monthly dental clinic with The Traveling Tooth Fairy
Schedule – Dental Services with the The Traveling Tooth Fairy:
- Appointments recommended. Drop-in slots available.
- Last Thursday of the month: 11:30am – 4:00pm
Schedule – Community Partner Assisting with Health Insurance
- Mondays: 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm, Brenda from Health Care for the Homeless
Schedule – UMass School of Nursing students – suspended for the summer!
Questions? Our Clinic Coordinator: Dale Rice, 549-3968 ext 109; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Clinic Volunteer Staff:
- Dr. Gene Heyman (Monday session)
- Dr. Daniel Clapp (Thursday session)
Interested in volunteering in the Health Clinic? Click here for more information.