Peak Times in the Pantry: the first and last weeks of the month.
Least Busiest Times to Shop: middle of the month in the middle of the day.
Reminder: the Food Pantry is open on the 3rd Saturday of the month 9:30am to 11:30am.
To register a household in our food pantry, you need to bring:
- a proof of address for each adult (this can be a piece of mail, a letter from a landlord, a drivers’ license) to show that you live in one of the 13 towns served by the Pantry.
- the Pantry serves residents in these towns: Amherst, Belchertown, Deerfield, Granby, Hadley, Leverett, Pelham, Shutesbury, South Deerfield, South Hadley, Sunderland, Whately, and Ware.
- a proof for each child in the household (this can be a health card, report card, passport, or letter from a landlord)
We do NOT require photo ID or proof of income.
Food Pantry Schedule
Monthly Saturday Morning Hours – the 3rd Saturday of the Month!
- November 19,2016 – 9:30am-11:30am
- December 17,2016 – 9:30am-11:30am
- January 21, 2017 – 9:30am-11:30am
- February 18, 2017 – 9:30am-11:30am
- March 18, 2017 – 9:30am-11:30am
- April 15, 2017 – 9:30am-11:30am
- May 20, 2017 – 9:30am-11:30am
- June 17, 2017 – 9:30am-11:30am
How to use this service:
- Come to the Center during our open hours.
- The Pantry is free for people who have registered for its services.
- You can come in during our open hours and register for the Pantry.
- Pantry visits are limited to once per month.
Our new program provides extra food for families with school-age children in months that have a scheduled school vacation (December, February, April, June, July, and August). More information here.
What to Expect
To find out what to expect when you come to the Center for services, see our frequently asked questions.
Basic Information About The Food Pantry:
- Volunteers stock the Pantry’s shelves, and assist participants. Click here for information on how to volunteer for this program. Click here if you’d like information on to make a financial donation to the pantry.
- Pantry Schedule:
Monday, Tuesday, Friday: 11am -2:45pm
- Serves people from 13 communities: Amherst, Belchertown, Deerfield, Granby, Hadley, Leverett, Pelham, Shutesbury, South Deerfield, South Hadley, Sunderland, Whately, and Ware
- Provides monthly supply of food for 5 days per person in a household, monthly. Allocations are based on the USDA Choose My Plate guidelines, which can be found here.
- Oversees, supports and receives all community food drives
- Oversees and implements Senior Mobile Pantry
- Oversees and implements the Kids Boost program
- Oversees and implements our Special Thanksgiving Food Distribution (see below)
- Recipients are able to use the program monthly, however, they are not required to use it every month. A once-a-year registration process allows individuals and families to use it as needed, on a monthly basis.
Special Thanksgiving Food Distribution
Our Food Pantry distributes special Thanksgiving boxes during the month of November. If you would like to organize a food drive, or contribute, specifically for the Thanksgiving boxes, you may be interested to know that we start distributing special Thanksgiving boxes the first week of November. Here’s a list of most needed Thanksgiving items. Thank you, in advance for sharing the harvest and helping our neighbors have Thanksgiving.
- $5 gift certificates to local supermarkets
- canned pumpkin and other pie fillings
- canned vegetables
- stuffing mix
- corn bread mix
Pantry Coordinator: Niri Azuaje 549-3968 ext 104, e-mail: email@example.com