Free groceries (8+ days worth) for all household members including produce, frozen meat, milk, eggs, and shelf stable goods available once per month. Open to everyone in our service area.* No income cap. No citizenship questions (our services are not subject to the Public Charge rule). No photo ID required. Can register and take food home in the same day.
*The Food Pantry is available to residents of Amherst, Belchertown, Deerfield, Granby, Hadley, Leverett, Pelham, Shutesbury, South Deerfield, South Hadley, Sunderland, Ware and Whately, and to those who are experiencing homelessness.
3 Ways to Access Free Groceries
- In Person Pick Up
- M/T/Th/F 12pm-3pm
- 3rd Sat of the month from 9am-12pm
- Curbside Pick Up
- M/T/F 3pm-4pm
- Th 5pm-7:30pm
- 3rd Sat of the month from 9:30am-11:30am
- must sign up in advance here: www.calendly.com/amherstsurvival or by calling the pantry at 413.549-3968×109
- schedule varies depending on location
- email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
How do I get food from the food pantry?
- Fill out the online food pantry registration form or register in person onsite during our open hours. If you prefer, you may download paper copies of the forms in English, Spanish, or Mandarin. To request paper copies of the registration forms in the mail or to ask any further questions, please email email@example.com or call 413-549-3968 x104.
- Get your free groceries – either in person, at curbside pickup, or through delivery. (Sign up for curbside pickup at www.calendly.com/amherstsurvival; Email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask about delivery).
What if I cannot come into the food pantry?
- Arrange curbside pickup here: www.calendly.com/amherstsurvival
- Authorize another individual to pick it up on your behalf. You can do this by a) completing this form, or b) by emailing email@example.com at least two full business days prior to picking up your groceries.
- Authorize a local support agency you already work with to pick it up on your behalf (ie Bridge Family Resource Center, ServiceNet, VA, etc.) You must make these arrangements directly with your support agency. Support Agencies/Collaborative Partners: See this document for further info.
- Get a delivery. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask about delivery options.