The Community Store receives generous donations from families who have lost a loved one. These donations are often filled with grief and other emotions. To make it easier, we suggest:
- Contact the Store Coordinator, Susan Cox, in advance to let her know that the donation is coming. You may want to be prepared to describe what’s included and the amount. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone (413) 549-3968 ext 101
- When you bring the donation to the Center, please let someone from the Store (either the staff person or a volunteer) know that these items are from an estate or belonged to a loved one who has passed away. Please make sure that items are in disposable bags or boxes, or containers that do not need to be returned.
- Any questions about what the Store accepts or how and when to donate? Contact the Store Coordinator at email@example.com by phone (413) 549-3968 ext 101
Gentle reminder, items the Store does and does not accept can be found here.
WHAT DOES THE STORE NOT ACCEPT?
- clothing that is torn, stained or needs any repairs
- cribs, beds, mattresses
- computers, printers, monitors, and keyboards
- car seats
- electric blankets (unless the controls and wiring are removed)
- teflon coated pans
- large plastic toys (we have very limited floor space)
- out of season holiday items
- weapons of any kind
- big screen televisions, large televisions and/or older televisions (No big screen TVs please, and no TVs that are connected to cable boxes or other technology), large monitors
Thank you for your generosity and for your understanding.