Hours of Operation
Monday, Tuesday, Friday: 11:00 am to 3:00 pm
Food Pantry and Community Store close at 2:45pm
Thursday: 11:00 am to 7:00 pm
Food Pantry and Community Store close at 6:45pm
Hot Lunch 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm
The third (3rd) Saturday of the Month:
Food Pantry and Community Store ONLY, 9:30am – 11:30am
Last shopper taken at 11:15am.
Upcoming Saturday Morning Dates:
- Saturday morning, September 15, 2018 – 9:30am-11:30am [Food Pantry and Community Store only]
- Saturday morning, October 20, 2018 – 9:30am-11:30am [Food Pantry and Community Store only]
- Saturday morning, November 17, 2018 – 9:30am-11:30am [Food Pantry and Community Store only]
- Saturday morning, December 15, 2018 – 9:30am-11:30am [Food Pantry and Community Store only]
Mobile Food Program at Southpoint Apartments, Amherst, 1st Wednesday of the month, 1-2pm:
- October 3, 2018
- November 7, 2018
- December 5, 2018
- January 9, 2019
- February 6, 2019
We are open on the following holidays: Presidents Day, Patriot’s Day, Indigenous Peoples’ Day/Columbus Day, Election Day and Veterans Day.
The Center will be closed on the following holidays in 2018:
- JANUARY: New Year’s Day (Monday, January 1, 2018)
- JANUARY: Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (Monday, January 15, 2018)
- MAY: Memorial Day (Monday, May 28, 2018)
- JULY: Independence Day ( Wednesday, July 4, 2018)
- SEPTEMBER: Labor Day (Monday, September 3, 2018)
- NOVEMBER: Thanksgiving (Thursday, November 22, 2018 and Friday, November 23, 2018)
- DECEMBER: Christmas Day (Tuesday, December 25, 2018)
Bad Weather Cancellation
The Amherst Survival Center closes on any day that the town of Amherst closes due to inclement weather.
The town of Amherst posts its closing information by 7am on its website here, and records it on their main phone line too (413-259-3333).
The Amherst Survival Center will post our closings on our phone line (549-3968) when possible, and Facebook page by 8am.
There are rare circumstances that we might be open when the town is not.
There are also circumstances where we would be open with reduced services.
Our Facebook page will include that information. However, when in doubt, please call our main number (413-549-3968).
Code of Conduct
The Amherst Survival Center (ASC) is committed to providing a safe, positive environment for all participants. The ASC Code of Conduct refers to all members of our community: participants, volunteers and staff while on the premises of the Amherst Survival Center. Click here to view the ASC Code of Conduct.