Commitment to Diversity
ASC DIVERSITY STATEMENT
Diversity is essential for ASC to achieve its mission. A commitment to diversity is a deeply held value, but it is also a practical necessity for the organization to achieve its objectives.
For ASC, a commitment to diversity means:
- Ongoing, active, and meaningful engagement with the diverse communities in this region
- Programs and decision-making that is informed by, and responsive to, the priorities of diverse communities
- A staff and board that is diverse
- Regular staff and board diversity training
- Ongoing active board and staff recruitment among underrepresented groups
- A broad definition of diversity that includes race, ethnicity, nationality, class, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, and disability.
- Safe and effective ways for concerns related to diversity to be shared
- Regular reporting and easy availability of information related to ASC’s diversity performance
- Maintaining a diversity action plan